Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dinaa la namm

I just came back from my final day in Mboro.  We spent the final day traveling around the town, thanking everyone and saying our goodbyes.  We made two important stops - one at the healthpost and one at the school.  As usual, nothing works as planned at the healthpost, and none of the healthworkers were in, so we sent our farewells with others.  At the school, we gave special thanks to the students because the garden looks amazing.  I can't believe how much is growing; it's nice to see that plants can grow in the sandy soil and also that the students are taking such good care of the garden.  It's also amazing to see how comfortable I've gotten in Mboro.  I can navigate through all the streets and greet people on my way.

It was sad to say goodbye to my family, but hopefully I'll be able to stop back in Mboro to see them again.  Dinaa la namm.  (I will miss you.)

 My family in Mboro in our compound
 Our garden at the school
The market in Mboro


And now I am back in the training center for my final week of training.  Tomorrow, I have my final language exam, then Thursday my host mother from Mboro will come to Thies for a final farewell party, on Friday I officially become a Peace Corps volunteer, on Sunday I move all my stuff to Kaolack, and on Wednesday I move into my new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment